MonsterMaker534

Goal: Get Spine + Unity to work together
I downloaded Unity version 2021.1.28f1 (the latest 2021.1 version) and followed Spine’s instructions here (spine-unity Runtime Documentation: Getting Started) in the “Installation” section (which would be Steps 1-4 and also the blue/gray section).
My problem (also shown in the screenshot attached) is that when I open the empty project (with the Spine stuff) (in Safe Mode), I get the error that the “AnimationStateTests does not exist in the current context”
I was wondering what I am overlooking. I searched the Spine forum but it does not seem that this issue was encountered previously. I am fine with using newer/older versions of Unity if needed.
Thank you for your help!
Nemaš dopuštenje za pregledavanje privit(a)ka dodan(og)ih postu.
MonsterMaker534

Harald

We are sorry for the troubles and thanks for reporting! Please simply delete (or don't copy) the SpineTests directory.

This documentation section seems to be missing an update where it should now say "Copy the Spine and Spine Examples directories". When copying SpineTests it is also necessary to copy spine-csharp/tests, however you will not want to use the tests anyway. To prevent future troubles, we will move SpineTests from Assets to Modules so that accidental copying can no longer happen.

---

We just pushed a commit to the 4.0 branch that moves the tests directory from the spine-unity/Assets directory to its own UPM module directory. This should hopefully prevent future troubles.
Harald

Harri

MonsterMaker534

Thank you!
@1st Reply: Deleting the extraneous SpineTests folder worked.
@2nd Reply: I just re-downloaded it and started a new project. It works well there too.
Thanks for your help!
MonsterMaker534

Harald

Thanks for getting back to us, and sorry again for the inconvenience!
Harald

Harri

Natrag na Unity