OneMargin

I have a question regarding Unity with Spine.

My friend and I are planning to collaborate in Unity, using cloud storage to do it, and only one of us will be getting a license to Spine. This means I will have to open a Unity project that has Spine-related files in it, but without a copy of Spine on my computer.

What will happen, and what can I do to make this work out with only one of us actually having Spine?

Forgive me, I'm very new, and I want to be aware of this before I actually purchase a license to Spine. Roughly $300 is a huge investment for us both.
OneMargin

Nate

Each person using Spine (the editor) needs a Spine license. The Spine license does two important things: 1) grants the right to use the Spine editor, and 2) grants the right to create and distribute derivative works using the Spine Runtimes.

If there are two of you and the other guy has a Spine license but you don't, then you haven't been granted the right to use the Spine editor or the right to create and distribute derivative works using the Spine Runtimes on your own. However, as long as you are working on a project with him, it's OK for you to work on his derivative works using the Spine Runtimes. He is allowed to make derivative works and the Spine Runtimes license doesn't attempt to restrict who can assist him. When it's time to publish the app, he should be the one publishing since it's his Spine license that grants the right to distribute derivative works.

It would maybe be clearer if the two of you had a company and the company bought one Spine license. This would give one named person the right to use the Spine editor (the company would be responsible for compliance with the license) and grant the company the right to create and distribute derivative works.
Nate

Nate

Natrag na Unity