1. way to synchronise axis when entering numeric values
In the editor I find myself entering values for scaling quite often because I need exact values/copies. However, 99% of the time both X and Y scaling need to be the same, so than I need to enter the value twice each time, which is not much fun when this needs to be done on several keyframes and literally twice the amount of work.
In other software I'm familiar switching on the 'accolades' to keep both axis synched up or off to be able to set the values individually. I mean this thing:
Is there a way to constrain both axis in the textboxes in the transform panel? And if not could this please be added to the requests list?
2. way to synchronise handles/vertices of both axis in the graph editor
The same thing, but now in the graph editor. When animating scaling a lot of time I want to set both the x as well as the y scaling to the exact same values and/or move the handles of them to the exact same locations. But the workflow to do this now is pretty time consuming to do right IMO. Right now we have to
- get rid of the current selection by clicking somewhere in the graph that doesn't have keys close
- zoom in at the region where the handles are of both axis we want to sync (so scaleX and scaleY) or move together
- select these handles by either adding them to a selection with clicking or drawing a box around them.
- zoom out to the desired zoom scale again to move both handles now they are selected.
This is very tedious and takes way too much work for such an easy task IMO. Especially for something happening so many times; moving a value or handle around on the graph for both axis at the same time (synched). This is taking so much time now and is prone to errors. It's pretty frustrating to work like this when doing this with lots of keyframes on especially scaling. So I can't believe I'm the only one or that it's not already possible. So I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here. I was looking for some keystroke that would automatically connect both axis while dragging them on the graph, but couldn't find it.
Is there a way to constrain both axis in the textboxes in the graph editor? And if not could this please be added to the requests list?
Thanks in advance!