menaragames

Hi there,

I just purchased your software via paypal, when I download it on my mac and run it it says

Downloading spine 1.2.3....

then

Sorry the update has failed.
Pleas try again or contact us at:
contact@esotericsoftware.com

I've tried soo many times but always the same thing. What is the problem???
Please fix thanks.
menaragames

Søren

We'll look into it, sorry that it's not working for you right now.
Søren

Shiu

menaragames

Is it possible for you to send us some kind of offline-update installer?

It seems the download problem is causing this issue...
menaragames

Søren

Afraid I don't know if that is possible. Nate should be able to shed some light on the issue and maybe come up with a fix for it :) My own mac knowledge is sadly lacking :(
Søren

Shiu

Nate

Sorry you are having trouble running Spine. :( Packaging Spine for the different platforms is time consuming. The idea with using the updater is that we can make new versions available to you sooner and more often. This way if we implement new features or someone encounters a bug we can fix it and everyone gets it immediately. Of course if the updater isn't working for you, this is a problem!

Can you run the Console application that comes with Mac OS X? Please clear the display and then run Spine and see if any messages appear there. If so, please copy and paste them here.
Nate

Nate

menaragames

here it is
3/18/13 11:25:44.170 PM mdworker[516]: Unable to talk to lsboxd
3/18/13 11:25:44.173 PM mdworker[515]: Unable to talk to lsboxd
3/18/13 11:25:44.000 PM kernel[0]: Sandbox: sandboxd(517) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd
3/18/13 11:25:50.019 PM sandboxd[517]: ([516]) mdworker(516) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd
3/18/13 11:25:50.023 PM sandboxd[517]: ([515]) mdworker(515) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd
menaragames

Nate

Hmm. I'm not sure these errors are related to Spine, but I found some info on how to get rid of them:
https://www.princeton.edu/~jcjb/docs/osx_error_fix/
Basically you just do a safe boot, then reboot again. See that link for exactly how, it is easy. You probably want to do this to get rid of those messages even if they aren't related to Spine.

Let's try one more thing. Open Finder, click the Go menu, then choose "Go to Folder" and enter "~/.spine" (without quotes). In the folder that opens, open spine.log and that should contain the errors about why Spine is unable to update.
Nate

Nate

menaragames

hi nate

thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately when i type "~./.spine" (without the quote) in the Go to folder dialog, it says "The folder can't be found."

Any other idea why?
menaragames

Nate

You have an extra dot after the ~, at least in your post on the forums. Should be "~/.spine". That is tilda, forward slash, dot, "spine". Should work! :)
Nate

Nate

menaragames

No sorry i dont have that extra dot, just mistyped it in this forum :(

I've just tried it again, no such folder even after re-running and retry the download several times.
menaragames

menaragames

This also happened with SpineTrial, infact that is why i Just directly purchased the full version I thought that will fix the problem but no luck.

so both the trial and full version just wont install. "Downloading Spine 1.2.3.." then both says Sorry the update has failed.
menaragames

Nate

:( I sent you a private message, maybe we can try join.me so I can diagnose the problem.
Nate

Nate

Nate

I connected to menaragames via join.me and we found that the user's home directory was not writable. This is fixed by opening Terminal and doing:
cd ~
sudo chmod 775 .
Not sure why the home directory wasn't writable, will look into it. It's running for menaragames now though!
Nate

Nate

Natrag na Editor