devis.rossini

Hi,

I've tried to use Edge Detection Image Effect (Unity Standard Assets), but with Spine/Skeleton Lit shader it doesn't work. If I try to switch to Unity Standard Shader the edge detection works fine, but sometimes some parts of our character disappears - maybe triangle normals hasn't the right orientation?

Are there some fixes to the Spine's shaders?

Devis
devis.rossini

Pharan

Are you talking about this? http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/script-EdgeDetectEffect.html

If you are, it shouldn't care about the shaders before it, much less anything about geometry or normals. It should just grab the whole screen and do its thing.
Pharan

devis.rossini

Yes, that effect.

For some reason, with the standard shader it works well. If I use Spine's shaders, the effect doesn't draw anything.

As I said, Standard Shader is not a valid solution because Spine skeleton seems to have wrong normals...

Devis
devis.rossini

BinaryCats

moving to unity, youuuurr outta here
BinaryCats

Pharan

You need to click "Calculate Normals" so SkeletonAnimation generates normals. It incurs a little cost and is only useful for lighting so it's not on by default.

Again, normals or anything about the geometry shouldn't matter with the EdgeDetection Image Effect.

Are you sure you're not talking about this instead? http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/script-EdgeDetectEffectNormals.html
That's the thing that uses normals. In which case, would ANYTHING 2D sprite-based work with it?
Pharan

devis.rossini

I've attached EdgeDetection script to our Camera, from Unity Standard Assets.

I've tried "Calculate Normals", but the Standard Shader doesn't works well (some parts of the character are not rendered).

What we have to reach is to draw the edge of some spine characters. I think the Unity ImageEffect was a good solution, but I'm not able to make it work with spine skeletons and shaders.

Any ideas?

Devis
devis.rossini

Natrag na Unity