rileygombart

Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I recently supported this project via KickStarter and am extraordinarily excited to see this software come to life. As a long time artist and Game Maker: Studio user, I was hoping to see if Esoteric Software had plans to bring Spine to GM:S with a runtime.

I know that this is a somewhat of a leap to request this, but you couldn't get a better target. Game Maker: Studio is the perfect platform to utilize Spine due to it's streamlined development and need for segmented/bone animations. Currently GM:S relies on rasterized animations - this limits animation quantities, reduces frame counts, and limits asset diversity.

Additionally, the target market of GM:S users is growing at a rapid pace with the application capable of developing to nearly every platform (Windows, Mac, iTunes, Android, HTML5, Windows 8)

Thank you for your time,
Riley Gombart
rileygombart

Kickstarter Backer

warmwaffles

rileygombart je napisao/la:Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I recently supported this project via KickStarter and am extraordinarily excited to see this software come to life. As a long time artist and Game Maker: Studio user, I was hoping to see if Esoteric Software had plans to bring Spine to GM:S with a runtime.

I know that this is a somewhat of a leap to request this, but you couldn't get a better target. Game Maker: Studio is the perfect platform to utilize Spine due to it's streamlined development and need for segmented/bone animations. Currently GM:S relies on rasterized animations - this limits animation quantities, reduces frame counts, and limits asset diversity.

Additionally, the target market of GM:S users is growing at a rapid pace with the application capable of developing to nearly every platform (Windows, Mac, iTunes, Android, HTML5, Windows 8)

Thank you for your time,
Riley Gombart
I would assume this can't be that difficult to do. The other runtime libraries are already available, so you could try to port it to Game Maker. Nate is going to be swamped with stuff do for a while.
warmwaffles

Kickstarter Backer

rileygombart

Hi Warmwaffles,

I was not aware that was within our rights to construct. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but would that be within the guidelines of my license?

Thanks,
Riley
rileygombart

Kickstarter Backer

warmwaffles

rileygombart je napisao/la:Hi Warmwaffles,

I was not aware that was within our rights to construct. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but would that be within the guidelines of my license?

Thanks,
Riley
The runtimes are open sourced on github. I'm sure if you made a runtime library and submitted a pull request, it would be reviewed and possibly merged if it's worthy.
warmwaffles

Kickstarter Backer

terrymisu

They're also BSD licensed, no? That means you can basically do whatever you want with them.
terrymisu

Kickstarter Backer

rileygombart

Well that's good news! I'll definitely see what I can do!
rileygombart

Kickstarter Backer

warmwaffles

rileygombart je napisao/la:Well that's good news! I'll definitely see what I can do!
If I used GameMaker, I would try to help out, but unfortunately I'm all LibGDX here
warmwaffles

Kickstarter Backer

Karnage

I'm a Game Maker Studio user too and it looks like a couple of nice people over at the official GM Forums are working on it 8)

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=571231&st=0
Karnage

Kickstarter Backer

Natrag na Editor