BinaryCats

Hi,

Not sure if this is a unity problem, but anyway. I have a spine object which uses the mecanim controller, however when transiting from idle to walk the skeleton it will flip on the x for one frame (always one frame, no matter how small the time manipulator is).

It seems to happen when it finished blending between the two animations. It doesn't happen when not using mecanim.

has anyone else witnessed this/ knows of a solution?
BinaryCats

Pharan

I think someone else reported the same bug. Haven't had the time to look into how Mitch made SkeletonAnimator to check it out.
Pharan

BinaryCats

Well, that is a relief, sort of :/
BinaryCats

Majicpanda

Hmm, haven't ever seen that one. Oh wait I'm not using FlipX at all because it doesn't work for BoundingBox =/ So this is something only using the built in FlipX and not rotating your actual Graphics root containing the SkeletonAnimator 180 degrees? I gave up and have to do it that way until all the IK and Bouding box stuff is fixed.
Majicpanda

BinaryCats

im not using flipx or rotating

-- 11 Jan 2016, 08:58 --

oh maybe we are flipping x. well, The flip x is keyed (off) however the model is facing the correct way (flip x should be off) at the end of the first animation
BinaryCats

Pharan

Wait, the whole skeleton flips for one frame?
I don't think SkeletonAnimator would do anything to skeleton flip by itself.
Pharan

BinaryCats

yup :(

-- 11 Jan 2016, 10:07 --

I deleted all flip keys and it still happens
BinaryCats

Pharan

Are you using SkeletonUtility? That seems to be the only thing in Spine-Unity that does anything with skeleton.flipX or flipY
Pharan

BinaryCats

yeah I am

added break point on line 109, never gets hit

-- 11 Jan 2016, 10:45 --

interestingly this only happens with one animation (walk~) if using jump it doesn't happen.

However, there is major popping when the transition finishes

-- 11 Jan 2016, 10:45 --

the blending
BinaryCats

Pharan

Are you 100% sure it's a skeleton flip?
Pharan

BinaryCats

Well, it happens for 1 frame, no matter the time speed multiplier thingie. So, no , it could be just popping (pretty major popping). I thought it was was but I could be wrong :/

-- 11 Jan 2016, 11:03 --

ok, the popping (now dosnt happen with a time scale of 0.05)

-- 11 Jan 2016, 11:33 --

confirmed no bones flip

-- 11 Jan 2016, 15:15 --

using old runtime sorry :| (not my fault)
BinaryCats

Natrag na Unity