Aasimar

Hi guys,

I have a quick question about Spine, before I purchase the tool.
I'm a Flash user, in a professional way.

I'm working on an indie game for mobile, and the main sprite is made in Flash. (It's a Tamagotchi style game)
I tried to use bitmap exports, but the sprite is too heavy :

1 Sprite =
3 Evolutions
20 animations per evolution (12 frames each)
The sprite is exported for mobile in x4, x2, x1, so.. it's like 720 frames for one Sprite.

So, Spine could be a good way for me to reduce drasticly my sprite, with only one atlas and everything else in code.
My main problem is that Spine seems to not support SWF import.

I searched a little on the web, and I have found Dragonbones, pretty what I want, but in a way I prefer to use Spine for the haxe stuff.

My question is simple, have there a way to export the stuff from DragonBones in Spine ? Or a way to import SWF by magic ?
I past my day searching on the web, and I'm a little frustrated right now. :(

Sorry for my english guys!

Cheers,
Aasimar

Nate

SWF is a very complex format. Unfortunately we won't have the bandwidth any time soon to work on importing SWF.

Spine only imports JSON data in the Spine format. If you could get your data from the SWF or from DragonBones into Spine's JSON format, then you can import it into Spine.
Nate

Nate

BenoitFreslon

Hello Nate,

I just purchased Spine2D to import my DragonBones animations. But I can't import my animations.
I'm using the new DragonBones pro, I export the project in .json format.

Do you have any tips?

Thanks.
BenoitFreslon

Nate

I'm not sure. Does Dragon Bones export to Spine's JSON format? If so, it should work. If it doesn't, Dragon Bones must create invalid JSON.
Nate

Nate

Natrag na Off-topic