Søren

Are you sure you don't have bone or image compensation on ?
Scaling the root bone should not cause problems if you scale it uniformly.

Having a dialog to specify the size of images on export might be worthwhile, not sure though. I wonder what Nate thinks.
Søren

Shiu

Black Hive

Shiu je napisao/la:Are you sure you don't have bone or image compensation on ?

Having a dialog to specify the size of images on export might be worthwhile, not sure though. I wonder what Nate thinks.
Ah, you are right. I tried this morning at it scaled down correctly. I must have had bone or image compensation on!

It would be really handy to be able to export images at certain sizes. Right now, the only flow that feels "natural" (but seriously tedious) is to export every animation (as a series of PNGs) and import into Photoshop to get the exact sizing, then re-render the animation at the right size. This is because I did the art hi-res, imported that way into Spine, with the thought that I could scale down at render.
Black Hive

Søren

Ok so for exact sizing a dialog to define the size would be handy I see. How about rulers in the viewport, would that give you enough control you think?
Søren

Shiu

Black Hive

It seems like it would be useful control, but hard to say if that would completely fulfill being able to output specific image sizes. (I'd think not since everyone needs certain size images for game engines etc.)

---

Shiu je napisao/la:Are you sure you don't have bone or image compensation on ?

After playing with scaling down the root bone, I realize that it does indeed still cause issues with my animation. I am sure it is possible, but it's not evident how to scale down the root bone without having to do heavy tweaks afterwards. (ex. when I scale down, my translate keys are very extreme.) If that is the flow, it will be more complicated than it is worth.

This alone is enough to warrant a way to export specific image sizes on export, imo.
Black Hive

Søren

The translate keys being extreme should only be the case if you have translate keys on the root. If that is so you can create a second root bone and move all your other bones to that, then put the translate keys on the new root (call it whatever you like ofc). Then you should be able to scale the root bone without translation keys being extreme.
Søren

Shiu

Natrag na Off-topic