Epenetus

Is there a way to default key curves to be stepped instead of linear?

---

From looking into the behavior, it seems that if you add the first key to a track then it will automatically be set to use linear for interpolation curve. However, any subsequent key will use whatever curve was the last key was using.

I guess what I'm looking for is the ability to set the default curve for the first key in a track to use stepped instead of linear.
Epenetus

Misaki

Hi,

What version of Spine are you using? If you use 3.8 or older versions, you can set the default curve in the Preset panel in the Graph view.
graph_default-curve.png

If you use 4.0 or later versions, the interpolation of the previous key will be inherited when creating the next key. They don’t allow setting the default curve as stepped but you can play your animations as stepped by Playback view. When the Stepped button is enabled, a stepped transition is used between all keys even if the keys have linear or bezier curves.
playback.png

I hope this will help.
Nemaš dopuštenje za pregledavanje privit(a)ka dodan(og)ih postu.
Misaki

Misaki

Epenetus

Thank you for the help. Are there any plans to allow for changing the default key curve of the first key placed on the track for the newer versions of Spine? This would basically solve the issue for me since for the most part, I use stepped interpolation for my animation. Right now I have to jump back to the graph view every time I add keys to a new track which is pretty time-consuming.
Epenetus

Misaki

There was no issue for that so I added an issue here:
https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-editor/issues/613

You can subscribe to the issue ticket, then you will receive additional notifications upon any progress.
Misaki

Misaki

Epenetus

Thank you for creating the issue! I'm going to probably revert back to 3.8 until it gets resolved.
Epenetus

Natrag na Editor