abuki

Hi,

I am having this problem:
- Enter Play Mode options: disabled Domain reload
- Enter play mode and play some animation, everything works as expected, clipping attachments work
- Exit play mode
- Enter play mode again, without triggering domain reload
- Animation has wrong clipping mask - it is there, but the shape is slightly incorrect.

Notes:
- if domain reload is enabled on entering play mode, everything works as expected
- I can't share actual project and creating reproduction project could be time-consuming as I don't know where the problem exactly lies
- checking the example spineboy portal animation, it works fine, so it must be something specific to our case

Do you have any idea where I could investigate more? Anything that rely on domain reload?

---

So, I find out the problem only appears when setting TrackTime (example code below) and adding that Update resolves the issue. Although it is strange, that if I enable domain reload, it works even without the Update. It might be related to some script order, I guess?
void LateUpdate()
{
trackEntry.TimeScale = 0f;
trackEntry.TrackTime = someNormalizedProgress;

// Added this line
skeletonAnimation.Update(0)
}
abuki

Luke

I'm sorry to hear that you were having issues with clipping attachments and Play Mode.

Our resident Unity expert, Harald, is on vacation. He may be able to shed some more light on why you needed to add the skeletonAnimation.Update() to your code in order for things to work correctly.
Luke

Luke

abuki

Eh, sorry - the Update(0) fix is not working, I was apparently too excited and did not double-check. Although, the problem is probably there with setting animation TrackTime because, when after it, normal animation with standard timescale is played, it works fine.
abuki

Mario

Hm, that sounds like a bug in the Spine Runtimes. Could you share a minimal project with your assets that reproduces the issue?
Mario

Mario

abuki

As I said, this is very complicated and time-consuming at this time. Since it is tight to play mode change, this should not appear in the build. So for now, I am putting it aside. Thank you!
abuki

Harald

Thanks for the info. If you should pick it up again later, we are always open for the reproduction package and will do our best to fix this issue.
Harald

Harri

Natrag na Unity