gunspike

Animation clips cannot be duplicated in animation mode. It worked in version 3, but not in version 4. It is inconvenient to have to go to setup mode once more. Is there any reason for this change?
gunspike

Erika

Hello, could you define what you mean when you talk about "animation clips"?
I thought you meant an animation from the animation node, but that can be duplicated easily as before, also in animate mode.
So I guess it must be something else, but I have troubles figuring out what since animation clips is not a term we actually use. I'll be happy to try to reproduce the problem on my end afterwards!
Thank you!
Erika

Erikari

gunspike

Hello, nice to meet you~ I'm talking about animation in animation mode. We often refer to this as a clip. animation clip.
Nemaš dopuštenje za pregledavanje privit(a)ka dodan(og)ih postu.
gunspike

Erika

Thank you for the clarification.
Alright, so we were talking about the same thing!
I confirm that you can select an animation from the animation view, then press the duplicate button while in animate mode to duplicate said animation.
Just to be sure I tried this in 3.8, 4.0 and 4.1 and it worked.

If you're doing something differently or for some reason these same steps do not work for you, please provide the steps you use, possibly a video/gif, and we'll investigate further on our end.
Erika

Erikari

gunspike

Oh that's right, it's duplicated by clicking on the icon. But the hotkey doesn't work. Ctrl+D
gunspike

Misaki

Thank you for getting back to us. I reproduced that Ctrl+D doesn’t work in the Animations view of editor v4.
However, I think there is a possibility that the previous state, despite the duplicate button is not available in the Animations view to begin with, but only the hotkey was available, may be incorrect.
We would appreciate it if you could give us a moment to confirm the correct specifications.

FYI, you can duplicate a selected animation by Ctrl+D in the Tree view whether you are in Animate mode or Set Up mode. You may want to right-click on the animation name in the Animations view (This is a shortcut to select the same animation in the Tree view), then press Ctrl+D to duplicate it.

---

Sorry, I misunderstood. I confirmed the Animations view for a while, then I realized that the difference is the selection in the Tree view doesn’t match when you select an animation name in the Animations view. This change was added at 4.0.00-beta:
Don't change the tree selection for the Animations or Skins view unless the tree has the old item selected.
Spine: Changelog: v4.0.00 beta
Therefore, it is not that the hotkey has been disabled.

If your skeleton's tree is very long, it is sometimes difficult to get back to the previous point because of unintentional selection switching. That change was a solution for that.
As I mentioned above, right-clicking allows you to select the same item in the Tree view, so I hope you will make good use of right-clicking from v4.
Misaki

Misaki

gunspike

Yes! You can duplicate an animation clip by right-clicking it and activating it. Thank you for answer. :)
gunspike

Misaki

It’s my pleasure! :D
Misaki

Misaki

Natrag na Editor